One of Freemasonry's customs is not to solicit members. However, anyone should feel free to approach any Mason to seek further information about the Masonic Order.
JOINING THE MASONS
One of the great things about the growth and development of Freemasonry is the historic belief that in order to become a Mason, you should ask a Mason for information on how to join. Below we have provided a brief overview regarding becoming a Mason, should you be interested, please feel free to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information About Masonry
Masons are men who voluntarily ask to join a lodge. They are accepted because they are good men who believe in the Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of Man as well as hold high ethical and moral ideals. They go to meetings which they call the lodge, in order to learn and to teach what friendship, morality, and truth really involve as well as practice on a small scale the reality of brotherhood.
There are some meetings open to their wives, children, and friends where they promote an understanding of the serious nature of the Fraternity by entertainment and sociability. Practical programs for charity and relief are planned and executed. The special kinship they feel for each other as a brotherhood is their deepest satisfaction.
WHAT DO MASONS DO?
• Build communities based on shared Masonic values
• Construct a positive environment/or personal growth
• Encourage education, idea sharing, and open discussion
• Welcome diversity across religious denominations,
• ethnicity and age
• Grow leadership ability
• Provide charity to the needy
• Establish the relevance of Masonic values to
• contemporary life
• Advocate concern for the well being of other Masons
• and their families
WHO CAN BECOME A MASON?
We seek men who:
• Seek fulfillment through multiple levels of experience,
• including body, mind, and spirit
• Enjoy brotherhood
• Desire a community enriched by participation, dialogue,
• and inquiry
• Are principled, disciplined, and compassionate
WHAT ARE THE MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS?
One of Freemasonry's customs is not to solicit members. However, anyone should feel free to approach any Mason to seek further information about the Masonic Order. The requirements to become a Freemason are simple:
• Membership is for men
• Be 18 years of age or older
• Meet standards of good moral character and reputation
• Believe in the existence of a Supreme Being
• Ask to join of your own free will
Freemasonry wants to attract fellow journeymen who are seeking enrichment in body, mind, and spirit through participation in a brotherhood committed to good works and personal growth.